Enable Topics and Lessons
Initial Class Setup - Unlocking lessons and answers
First Access – unlocking single lessons
As a teacher on first access all topics and lessons are locked and answers are hidden from student view. This is designed to give you control when and how students access content on the platform. For students to view online content you will need to open that particular lesson or topic.
How to set your first lesson/ Set lesson due date:
- Navigate to your class page and open the topic you are teaching.
- Within the lessons row, click on the locked button and select unlocked from the dropdown. This will change to unlocked text. At this stage you can also set a due date by clicking the calendar icon.
- The lesson will now be unlocked for your students.
Bulk Lesson Unlocking
Navigate to the topic and select the tick box beside Name. You will now notice a button that lets you unlock all lessons appears at the top of the list.
Lessons are locked by default.
- Locked – Students have no access. They will see a lock icon beside the lesson name.
- Unlocked – Students have full access. This can be set with or without a due date. They will see an unlocked lock and will be able to click into the lesson.
By default, answers are inhibited (except multichoice which is enabled). You can manually turn these on for a whole class.
- Navigate to a topic.
- Click the slider for answers – when enabled this will show as blue. This can be enabled for the entire class or a single student (if done under the class completion page).
- Answers will only show if a question has a typed response. If answers are enabled and a student has typed a response a green answer button will display under the text. Click this to see the model answer.